Rampage Jackson releases statement after son Raja is involved in shocking wrestling incident

Aug 24, 2025 - 23:10
 0  0
Rampage Jackson releases statement after son Raja is involved in shocking wrestling incident

The son of former UFC light heavyweight champion Rampage Jackson has been caught on camera appearing to viciously assault an independent wrestler.

Raja Jackson, a 0-1 professional MMA fighter, entered the ring mid-way through a match at a Knokx Pro Wrestling event in California on Saturday night.

KICK
Jackson’s son appeared to assault a pro wrestler at an event on Saturday night[/caption]

A KICK live stream video then filmed Jackson make his way over to pro wrestler Stuart Smith — known by the pseudonym Syko Stu – before slamming him onto the canvas.

As he went down, Smith banged his head on the mat and appeared to already be unconscious while Jackson rained down several unanswered blows to the wrestler’s head.

Jackson had to subsequently be pulled off Smith and restrained by multiple wrestlers against the corner post.

The disturbing scene appears to have stemmed from another moment captured on the same KICK stream earlier in the night when Smith struck Jackson with a beer can, in what seemed like an unplanned stunt.

Smith apologised after the can incident but was reportedly rushed to the hospital with serious injuries after the shocking in-ring clash.

In a statement released on social media, Jackson Sr. claims Smith is now ‘awake and stable’, although his family has yet to confirm his health status.

The MMA legend condemned his son’s actions; however, he also suggested that it was ‘part of the show’ and was a ‘work that had gone wrong’.

“I want to clear up the misinformation about my son Raja,” wrote Jackson Sr.

“I’ve been confirmed that the wrestler (Stewart Smith aka Syko Stu) is awake and stable.

“Raja was unexpectedly hit in the side of the head by him moments before Smith’s match.

Jackson is a former UFC light heavyweight champion
GETTY

“Raja was told that he could get his “payback” in the ring. I thought it was a part of the show.

“It was bad judgment, and a work that went wrong. Raja is an MMA fighter not a pro wrestler, and had no business involved in an event like this.

“I don’t condone my son’s actions AT ALL! He suffered a concussion from sparring only days ago and had no business doing anything remotely close to physical contact.

“As a father, I’m deeply concerned with his health AND the well-being of Mr. Smith.

“That being said, I’m very upset that any of this happened, but my main concern now is that Mr. Smith will make a speedy recovery.

“I apologize on his behalf and to KICK for the situation.”

Meanwhile, KnokX Pro Wrestling said in a statement: “First and foremost our thoughts and prayers are with our brother Mr Stuart Smith (Styko Stu as he remains a priority and we are monitoring his well being.

“What was supposed to be a planned and agreed upon wrestling spot, turned into a selfish, irresponsible act of violence against Mr Smith.

“This egregious act is reprehensible and never should have occurred.

“In the 17 years of operation of KnockX Pro Wrestling Academy, there has never been anything as heinous take place such as this and we apologise to our patrons and fans.”

What's Your Reaction?

Like Like 0
Dislike Dislike 0
Love Love 0
Funny Funny 0
Angry Angry 0
Sad Sad 0
Wow Wow 0